Here you will find a list and links to the various international events related to Craniosacral Therapy in Europe, this site is regularily updated so come back from time to time to check out what's new!
The 2020 ECSAN Meeting will be held in Spain on the 12 of October in association with our Spanish friends during their conference on trauma and stillness!
(Exact location to be decided, watch this space!)
About Previous ECSAN conferences
Representatives of 24 countries gathered for the annual meeting of ECSAN (European craniosacral associations network) 28-30th June 2019 in Stockholm Sweden.
ECSAN’s aim is to have craniosacral therapy recognized by our governments as the powerful and effective complementary form of therapy it is.
As always it is not only very interesting, but also great fun to meet colleague therapists!
And to get to know yet another European capital.
On April 29th, 30th and May 1st, in Villa Cesi - Impruneta, Florence, twenty-one representatives of twelve associations, from eleven different countries:
Austria, Sweden, Holland, Germany, Italy, Czech Rep, Russia, Switzerland, France, Spain and North America.
Together for the third time, after the meetings in Austria and in Switzerland in the past two years, to share about the craniosacral therapy situation in our countries, and to discuss different topics:
- Foundation training standards, combining perceptive and presence skills with scientific ones
- Building a profession at European level
- Creating and maintaining a network among our associations that in 5 years will become an association
- The way to make known and explain craniosacral therapy to clients and to the scientific world.
It was very interesting meeting togheter, to get to know each other and for someone to meet again, laying the foundations for the spread of craniosacral culture all over the Europe.
Organized by Federal Association of Craniosacral Therapist of Austria, with 23 participants from 9 national associations, including North America Association of Craniosacral therapists.
Intensive three days with interesting discussions and networking among associations and representatives. The president of the Austrian Association presented their three-year work to consolidate different schools and standards in Craniosacral field to a common educational standard. The president of the resting European Association of Craniosacral Therapists, Elfreide Wolfslehner, told the history of the Association between 1998-2001. She was pleased to officially pass the post of the President to the conference organizer Inge Schmuck, so the ECSAN can continuously carry on the mission.
This conference has concluded following three important missions of ECSAN:
1. The European coorporation in Cranial field will continue with form of networking in the beginning, with a 2-year plan by creating a Facebook group, a website and continuous discussions among member assotiations.
2. Mapping foundational education standards from different member countries, including requirements in medical and technical skills, soft skills, interaction between teachers and students, and teaching skills, etc. A common standard of at least 300 hours onsite teaching seminars in Craniosacral field seems as a accepted norm. Medical knowledge requirement varies among countries.
3. The ECSAN shall support member associations gaining national acceptance in healthcare and insurance. ECSAN shall lobby EU in achieving acceptance of an European-wide profession in Craniosacral Therapy. A discusson about a European standard of Craniosacral Therapy with minimum 300 hour seminar and 180 hour self-study will continue until next meeting in 2017.
The first ECSAN meeting in Olten 2016 took place with a great turnout and the beggining of a wonderful journey.
Connecting and thinknig about what we want as a community to help bring Craniosacral therapy into the wider world!